True enjoyment comes from activity of mind and exercise of the body. The two are ever united. One must exercise to enjoy the glow of good health. Taking the right nourishment and exercise is the safest way to good health.
Exercises help to improve overall health. It also helps to maintain slim and fit body. It is not safe to carry extra weight. Especially carrying weight around waistline increases risks of health condition. This is because they reduce energy levels. This tires the body easily demanding more food and reducing its capability to work. Therefore, the person is stuck in a vicious cycle.
There are many exercises and diet adjustments to reduce waist size or to maintain the waist size. The digital world gives a lot of insights about such things. The symbol of hope blog is one such site which explains fitness and exercises.
Here are few tips to reduce waist size:
How does waist line reduction work?
The idea to lose weight from only one part of the body is a myth. The so – called abdominal exercises that claim to reduce belly fat are ineffective. They only help to reduce muscles under the belly. The waistline does not reduce until overall weight loss occurs. In order to achieve this, one should follow timely regular exercises along with healthy eating.
Exercises to reduce waist line
Yoga is associated with slow but effective weight loss. It helps to cut down weight, boost metabolism. There are yoga poses that help to reduce waist line. The poses are as follows:
- Trikonasana – It is called the triangle pose. On the yoga mat, separate the feet wide apart. Now, turn the right foot by 90 degrees. Turn the left foot by 15 degrees. Bend the body to the right. Now raise the left hand to the air. The right hand should try to touch the floor. The hands should be straight. To get an overview of the asana visit symbol of hope blog. Important observations in the asana are
- The feet should completely press against the ground
- The weight should be equally balanced on both the foot
- Inhale deeply and exhale while bending.
One can stay in the position as long as possible. Later return to position. Again, shift to trikonasana. Repeat it for 4 to 5 times at the starting and increase the count as days pass by.
- Parivritta Sukhasana – Sit on the floor extending the legs to the front. Now fold the legs to cross them. Inhale and exhale deeply for a minute in the position. Now slowly place the right palm on the floor near the hip with fingers pointing outwards. Turn the upper body to the right along with the neck. Look back as much as possible. Move the hand to the back to help with the stretching. While turning exhale deeply. Along with this, move the left hand towards the right knee.
Planks work on entire body. They require arms, abs, legs. It adds stiffness to the muscles connecting upper and lower body. There are various types of planks namely
- Forearm planks – This is the most common planks. Place the forearms on the floor. The elbows should be aligned below the shoulders. Arms should be placed parallel to the body.
- Knee planks – It is a good option for the beginners. Rest the knees on the ground. This reduces the stress on the lower back.
- Side plank – This is for those who are experienced with plank exercises. Lie on the side with one leg stacked on the other. Now prop the body with the support of hand with palm resting on the ground.
- Single – leg plank – This is a normal plank exercise. The only difference is that one leg is lifted towards the ceiling as much as possible while planking.
- Ball plank – Make regular plank counts by holding on to the ball.
Mistakes to avoid while planking
- Avoid dipping of the butt. In order to avoid this, imagine pulling the belly button towards the spine. This keeps the torso flat and also ensures safety for the spine.
- Pushing the butt towards the sky. To avoid this, keep the back flat.
- Avoid dropping of head. The hips, butt and back should be in a straight line throughout the exercise. This can be achieved only when the head is at the right position. Keep the head straight. Keep the eyes on the floor.
- Breathe deeply. Many forget to breathe while planking. This is because it is human nature to hold breath when they are in strenuous position. But denying oxygen at this position might bring dizziness and nausea.
- Don’t focus on stop watch – At initial stages, make sure it is done perfectly. Never count on time. After practice, concentrate on numbers rather than time.
The symbol of hope blog gives more insight about planking and its positions. Visit the site to learn more.
Simple easy diet to reduce waist line
Abdominal obesity cannot be reduced with exercises alone. It requires strict diet restrictions as well. Waist measurement above 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women are known as abdominal obesity. Here are some of the tips to follow strict diet to reduce waist line
- Avoid sugar and sweetened drinks
- Add more protein to the diet. This not only helps to reduce weight but also avoids regaining weight loss. It also helps to reduce hunger levels.
- Cooking foods in coconut oil reduces belly fat
- Reduce the amount of carbohydrates intake.
- Eat foods that are rich in fiber. This is because these foods help in digestion and enrich bowel movement.
Foods that help to reduce waist line
- Apple cider Vinegar
- Almonds and nuts
- Whole grains
- Fruits – Raspberries and blueberries
People do not stop exercising because they grow old. Rather they grow old because they stop exercising.