According to the Lpath’s recommended vendors, while not as great as the effects given by the plain leaf, extracts from the kratom can serve the purpose if you have pain which is chronic or other conditions which are debilitating in which the plain leaf will not be of good help to you.
The Lpath’s recommended vendors have a variety of various types of extracts which have different effects based on the method of extraction as well as the base of the plant which is used to make them.
Here are what you should know about the kratom extracts.
- Water-based extracts: They are the most kratom extracts available in the market. Just the way the name implies, the extraction is normally performed by dissolving an alkaloid portion into the water, the powder is then strained, and then the water is evaporated. After the process, you will be left with a brownish substance, which will be more alkaloid concentrated as compared to the plain leaf.
Water extracts are normally referred to with an X eg. 10X, with 10 representing the number of plain leaf materials which were dissolved in order to create the same weight of the final extract. In most instances, the figures tend to be incorrect due to most vendors being dishonest.
Pros of water-based extracts
- They are more alkaloid concentrated as compared to plain leaf
- For potentiate effects, you can combine them with plain leaf
- They tend to have fewer side effects as compared to full spectrum and resin extracts
- They have the ability to dissolve in water
- They are more stimulating as compared to plain leaf based materials.
Cons of the water-based extracts
- For best results, you must take them with some plain leaf
- In terms of effectiveness, it is not a well-rounded extract as it is less in relieving pain and also a mild sedative.
- It is likely to increase tolerance
- As per potency, it is highly priced
- Enhanced Leaf kratom extract
Many extract users tend to prefer the use of enhanced leaf extract due to it having high potency and also tend to have a minimum or no side effects. It is used by taking kratom extracts which are highly potent, ensuring that you dissolve it in water, then soaking the kratom leaves or powder in the solution and allowing it to dry. If done correctly, it is a method which can create a potent leaf which is very high.
Pros of enhanced leaf kratom extracts
- When it comes to pain, it is highly effective
- When well done, it is highly potent
- It is typically well rounded
- As per potency, it lacks side effects
Cons of enhanced leaf kratom extracts
- It is expensive in price
- There could be rapid development of tolerance
- Kratom tinctures extract
Unlike other kratom extracts, it can vary in the method of extraction and also in their potency. Due to this, if you happen to buy them from a vendor who is not trustworthy, might leave you disappointed. But when they are done well, then they are likely going to be potent.
Pros of kratom tinctures
- Fast acting
- Easy to use
- Convenient when it comes to storage
Cons of kratom tinctures
- They are expensive
- They have rapid development of tolerance
- They have variable potency
- It is hard for them to provide a full spectrum of effect
- Kratom resin extracts
As compared to water-based extractions, the resin extraction of kratom has effects which are more well rounded. Extraction is performed by extracting the kratom using both nonpolar solvent and a polar solvent. An example could be the usage of ethanol and water. Just like the water extract, the powder is normally strained and then the alkaloids are saturated in the polar and non-polar solvents and left to dry.
Pros of Kratom resin extracts
- High potency available per weight
- Effects are full spectrum
- Easy to store
- Easy to use
Cons of kratom resin extracts
- They are temperature sensitive as they easily melt when exposed to minor heat
- More expensive as compared to plain leaf
- As compared to plain leaf, they have a side effect to potency
The difference while different strains of kratom act differently are due to the variance in the alkaloids of the kratom. It is believed that there are over 28 known alkaloids which are found within the plant with different durations and half-lives.
According to various researches which have been carried out, the profile of each alkaloid depends on the plant and the region which it is found. The difference in the alkaloids profiles denotes that, each strain is unique in its quota and has its own unique effect when consumed. But there is still a lot of research which needs to be done in order to conclusively understand the various effects of alkaloids. And why each region has a different strain and vein color.
The traditional dosage used of kratom
If you are looking for specific effects, the dosage should be very important to you. When you use dose too low, then the medicinal capability of the kratom goes low and is nulled. High dosing might lead to harm which is less but it can result in side effects which are unpleasant such as minor nausea and wobbles.